Machine Learning with BSL Demo
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
This project attempts to create a tutorial program demo that offer opportunity for users to learn and practice British Sign Language (BSL) vocabulary. I had wanted to develop a machine learning program that could take advantage of BSL’s expressive nature to create an artistic image.
You will need to have a leap motion, and have Processing (https://processing.org/) and Wekinator (http://www.wekinator.org/) installed first to play this. If not, you can still have a look at one of the Processing file called 'Output_10_Classes_DTW' to get an idea of what this project is like.
- Open both Processing programs:
- Open the software Wekinator-Kadenze.
- Click on the button ‘Done’.
- Load the Project named ‘Wekinator.wekproj’ which can be found inside the folder ‘Wekinator’.
- Start listening on port 6448.
- Click on ‘Run’ button.
- Run both Processing programs open.
- Put them side to side.
- Connect the Leap Motion.
- Ensure that Leap Motion is in Desktop mode
- Ensure that the green light is facing toward you.
- Click on any of 5 buttons offered within UI window (Output_10_Classes_DTW) to see a video clip of a BSL sign.
- Ensure that Leap Motion window (Inputs_21_DTW) is clicked on before attempting to sign.
- While signing, have a look at bottom of UI window to see what it is you’re signing.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.